seat height adjustment

Die Mutter dieses Forums.
Antworten
afk40
schaut sich noch um
schaut sich noch um

seat height adjustment

Beitrag von afk40 »

Hi Guys, Im wondering if any of you guys have raised the height of your freewinds, im 6`5" tall an the bike feels low for me, im looking for ways to raise the height.. ie, in dogbones, or a new seat or a altered seat. i like the bike, but i usualy sit on a sheepskin which bumps me up a bit anyway,,, Danke, john in Scotland...
AoS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: seat height adjustment

Beitrag von AoS »

You're talking about two different things here. Swapping the suspension links for shorter ones will raise the rear and affect handling, but the riding position ist not altered at all. And I assume that's not what you're looking for.

What you need is a way to increase the distance between the footpegs and the seat. Lowering the pegs is not much of an option because it will reduce ground clearance in corners. Moving them backwards could be useful, but that's too difficult to do.

The easiest way is to raise the seat. A couple of members have had it done or did it themselves. There upholsterers in Gemany who offer additional padding, you just send them your seat, they pad it and return it a couple of days later. I'm sure that you'll find someone to do that in the UK.
This is how it looks (photo courtesy of forum member "Tron":
Bild

Dirk
Schönste Freewind der Welt:
http://www.lucasmatic.de
afk40
schaut sich noch um
schaut sich noch um

raising links, dogbones

Beitrag von afk40 »

Hi Guys,,, i want to raise the rear of the bike, can anyone tell me if i can get raising link dogbones anywhere, an whats the name of these in German, so i can search for them, also can anyone show me a picture of any bikes that have been raised, an by how many cm`s as im 1.93m an the bike feels small although i love it,

also can you tell me the std measurement of the dogbones..so as i know what size to up the shock measurement... Danke
AoS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: raising links, dogbones

Beitrag von AoS »

You can get those on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/HECKHOHERLEGUNG- ... 19c2148e0f

(I'll move this thread to your other one since it deals with the same matter.)
afk40
schaut sich noch um
schaut sich noch um

Beitrag von afk40 »

thanks Dirk... yes yer right, i thought about going down that road of just raising the seat.. id like it around an inch or two higher than the rear section. do you know at all whats a comfortable height an not to look to much out of place, thanks again. john
afk40
schaut sich noch um
schaut sich noch um

Beitrag von afk40 »

Do you know if this bike was ever a full on uk bike, as there are very few here in the uk.. its mostly european bikes ye see, this is my question, in the speedo the clock,, i can change the speedo reading to mph or kph.. does the counter always read the same.. an does it count it in kms or miles.... thanks
AoS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Beitrag von AoS »

Sorry, I don't know that. But in the shop manual the UK version is listed as the only European version with the speedo switch (The other version is the Australian, but all versions are essentially the same, there isn't much diffrence between them.). So they put at least that much effort in it, they must have marketed it full on.

The speedo switch for mph/kph should set the speedo to either of them. So if it reads mph both odometer and trip counter should display miles. And kilometers if it is set to kph. The manual doesn't say that explicitly, but anything else wouldn't make much sense.

Dirk
kustom
ganz neu hier
ganz neu hier

Beitrag von kustom »

Hi there,
Does anybody know what is the shortest DOGBONE that would fit the XF650?
Or is it possible to use shorter ones from other bike models, instead of purchaing a "unknown quality" replacements?
Thanks
ronenfe
Profi
Profi

Beitrag von ronenfe »

How do I know if my fork is lowered or standard without having to disassemble it? Can anyone measure his fork length for me?
Brummbär
Technikpapst

Beitrag von Brummbär »

Grüßle

Brummbär

"Man kann eine Freewind nicht wie ein menschliches Wesen behandeln - eine Freewind braucht Liebe."Bild
Antworten